Have you ever been taking a shower or jogging or even sitting on the couch and an idea or thought just popped into your head out of nowhere?
It may not even have been relevant to what you were doing or thinking about at the time but BAM! there it is and you think to yourself "Wow, that's a great idea. I should do that."
Have you ever gone ahead and followed through on that idea?
...Have you ever ignored it?
Be careful. You might just be ignoring, what I call, Your Greatness.
Each and every one of us has a tremendous, often untapped, potential inside him and I believe that by being aware of these thoughts and ideas and more importantly by acting on them that we can unlock and realize our maximum potential. And that applies to all areas of our lives; personal development, work, academics, relationships, leadership...
Examples of these kinds of thoughts include:
- Re-connecting with someone you haven't talked to in a long time
- Taking the time to thank someone for something
- Sending flowers to someone you care about just because you love them
- Helping a complete stranger you see in the street
- A ground-breaking idea or innovation
An idea without subsequent action is like a sail with no wind so here is a Plan of Action for you to embrace Your Greatness and maximize the benefits of listening to those thoughts:
- Be aware of the thoughts as they come to your attention. Do not ignore them or push them aside. It's Your Greatness trying to come through!!
- Keep a journal of some kind as you receive them. It could be a physical journal or notebook or you could even use a note-taking app on your phone to keep a log of them. Don't let them slip away!
- ACT! Attack the quick ones immediately. You may not even have to write those down. Then every night review your journal of thoughts and schedule when you are going to actualize the rest of them.
You have Greatness within you. It's trying to come out and help you reach your maximum potential. Listen to it!